They are classified into four general classifications:
• Single flowers---1-2 row of flowers
• Semi-double flowers---have a row of short petals around the disk.
• Double Flowers----5-7 rows of petals
• Spider Flowers-----They have the most pointed petals.
General Daisies are commercially important as they have become the fifth most requested cut flowers for flower arrangements.
• Gerbera Daisy also contains naturally occurring Coumarin derivatives.
• They attract bees, butterflies, and birds.
• Most important they are low maintenance.